Red, white, and blue. We all love these colors. And if you are planning to celebrate them any time soon, you should have a look at these 4th of July dessert recipes.
It is not an Independence Day Celebration if it doesn’t include fireworks and good food.
What is also considered the best food? Desserts!
That is why this list will include just the best of the best dessert recipes that you should prepare for such a day.
Are you ready?
Let’s check the recipes out:
1 – Patriotic Pretzels
Pretzels may not have originated from the United States, but these patriotic ones get the US seal of approval. They represent everything is right about the best nation in the world, and you can easily make them.
24 large pretzel twists (I used Snyder’s Old Tyme brand)
2 Tablespoons solid shortening
1/2 cup Wilton royal blue chocolate melts
1/2 cup Wilton white chocolate melts
Red, white and blue jimmies, sprinkles and nonpareils
White sugar pearls
- Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave 1 tablespoon shortening for 45 seconds. Add the blue chocolate melts and stir until melted.
- Spoon the blue melted chocolate over 12 of the pretzels coating each pretzel evenly. Place on cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart from each other.
- Immediately sprinkle your choice of red, white and blue jimmies and sprinkles and white sugar pearls on the pretzels before the chocolate completely hardens.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave 1 tablespoon shortening for 45 seconds. Add the white chocolate chips/melts and stir until melted.
- Spoon the white melted chocolate over the remaining pretzels, coating each pretzel evenly. Place on cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart from each other.
- Immediately sprinkle your choice of red, white and blue jimmies and nonpareils on the pretzels before the chocolate completely hardens.
- Let pretzels “set” on cookie sheets for 30 minutes before serving.
2 – American flag s’mores dip
Again, the origin of the s’mores is not clear 100%; yet, the flag on this 4th of July dessert recipe is definitely American. You have to celebrate using one of the most loved desserts in America if you are celebrating the nation’s independence.
- 20 marshmallows
- sprinkles in red, white, and blue
- butter or Crisco
- 9 x 9-inch square baking dish
- 2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk, or dark chocolate)
- graham crackers or pretzels for serving
- First, prepare the marshmallows. Have ready a baking tray lined with wax paper, marshmallows, toothpicks, a paper towel, and the sprinkles. Skewer a marshmallow with a toothpick, submerge it totally in water quickly, dab on the paper towel, hold over a bowl and cover completely with blue sprinkles (both the top and bottom, too). Prepare five blue marshmallows. (If any part of the tops are missing sprinkles, just add some with your fingers.) Repeat with the white and red sprinkles, making eight white and seven red. Let dry at least twenty minutes. Grease some kitchen scissors with butter or Crisco and cut each marshmallow in half, wiping the blades clean between colors.
- Next, prepare the s’mores. Grease the baking dish with butter or Crisco. Pour the chocolate chips evenly in the dish. Top with the marshmallows, cut-side down. Arrange 9 blue halves in the top corner. Arrange stripes of red and white, 3 red marshmallow halves, 3 white, 3 red, 6 white, 6 red, and 6 white. You should have a couple halves leftover.
- Bake in the oven for 7 to 9 minutes, just until the tops of the marshmallows start to brown. Serve with graham crackers and/or pretzels and enjoy!! Best served warm.
3 – Red, White & Blue M&M’S Cookie Bars
It may take you time to get this done as you have to go through M&M’s to select only the right colors: Red, White, and Blue. Of course, you can have the kids around the house do that job; they’ll happily participate in this celebration.
- 2 sticks of butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of Red, White & Blue M&M’S, plus more for topping
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil, leave some overhang to make removal easier.
- Spray foil generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat.
- Lower speed of mixer and add flour, baking soda and salt, and mix until combined.
- Add M&M’s and mini chocolate chips and give a final stir, reserving some M&M’s and mini chocolate chips for topping cookie bars.
- Transfer cookie dough to prepared baking dish.
- Press additional M&M’S and mini chocolate chips into top of cookie dough.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes on oven rack in lower third of oven to prevent over browning.
- Let cool completely and cut.
4 – Fruity Brownie Dessert Pizza
Pizza is one of the most loved foods in the United States and the world. So, there is no better way to celebrate America’s independence other than a healthy brownie dessert pizza. All the right colors, and all the right nutrients.
- 1 boxed brownies mix (for a 9×13-inch pan)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 8 oz cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 bananas
- lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups diced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 8 oz COOL WHIP whipped topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-inch round (rimmed) pizza pan with nonstick spray; set aside. (You can also use the disposable round pizza pans.)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the brownie mix, eggs, water and oil. Stir until just combined. Pour into the greased pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the brownie pan from the oven and allow to completely cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread evenly over the top of the cooled brownie round. Slice the bananas and sprinkle with lemon juice to preserve the coloring. Place the banana slices evenly over the top of the cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with strawberries and blueberries.
- Slice into wedges and serve immediately with a dollop of COOL WHIP whipped topping.
5 – Red, White, And Blue Fruit Salad
Actually, the healthiest recipe on this list is a possible downgrade from the previous one. Instead of a pizza, you will have the best Patriotic salad ever! Now, it’s time to watch the fireworks!
- 16 oz of Strawberries, washed and cut in half
- 1 pint of blueberries, rinsed
- 3 bananas sliced in thick chunks
- ⅛ cup of honey
- 1 fresh lime
- Wash and cut all your fruit.
- Combine in a bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the honey and freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Here is a hint – microwave your lime for 10 seconds before you cut and squeeze it. You will get more out of it after it was warmed up.
- Drizzle the honey lime glaze over the fruit and stir slightly to coat.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Celebrating Independence Day with some of these 4th of July dessert recipes will make the day feel even more special.
Don’t stop yourself from enjoying the day without some of these (non)guilty pleasure available to you.
Let me know in the comments down below what other dessert recipes you try on July, 4th
Also don’t forget to share this with your friends!