If you know me, then you know I love me some bananas. So, any recipe that I can use bananas as an ingredient for it, I’m ready to try it. That’s why this list of 5 delicious banana nut bread recipes is exciting for me.
These recipes aren’t the easiest, but they are definitely worth the try. I didn’t get them all right from the first attempt, but I didn’t stop myself from trying again.
Bread recipes are always hard, especially without a machine. Yet, I find joy in the challenge they represent.
So, if you are happy with the challenge, you’ll be happy with these 5 banana nut bread recipes that you are going to try.
Let’s discover them now!
1 – Moist & Delicious Banana Nut Bread
First on the list today is this simple bread recipe. You can see how basic it is, yet it doesn’t mean it is not delicious. In fact, it may be the best one on the list according to some who have tried it.
- 1⁄2cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 1⁄4cups sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 2eggs (beaten)
- 3ripe bananas, smashed (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄4cup milk
- 2cups flour
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped pecans(optional) or 1⁄2-1 cup walnuts (optional)
- Cream butter & sugar.
- Add vanilla & eggs.
- Combine dry ingredients, add alternately with bananas & milk.
- Add nuts if desired.
- Grease & flour 1 bread pan (2-3 smaller pans) or pour into muffin cups.
- For loaf bake at 350 for 45-60 minute Muffins 350 for 20-25min. Enjoy!
2 – Grandma’s Banana Nut Bread
Everyone loves what Grandma has to offer us. And this banana nut bread recipe is just as good as everything else they do offer. One ingredient that is not mentioned below is LOVE. After all, that’s what makes their recipes full of sweetness.
- 2 cups (283 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (198 grams) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (99 grams) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1⅓ cups or 303 grams)
- 1 cup (113 grams) coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 8×4-inch loaf pans; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Add the bananas and stir gently to combine. Add the flour mixture and stir until completely blended. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the walnuts.
- Divide the mixture into the two loaf pans. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted into the center comes out clean. If the loaves begin to get too dark before they are done in the middle, cover with foil. Allow to cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. The bread can be stored, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, at room temperature for up to 5 days. To freeze, wrap in plastic wrap then in aluminum foil and freezer for up to 3 months.
3 – Easy Banana Nut Bread Recipe
Yes, as you have read. This recipe is the easiest one on the list. It won’t take you as much time as the other ones, but it is definitely among the best regarding its taste. Don’t be fooled; try and see.
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nut of your choice
How to Make:
- Peel and mash your bananas in a large bowl. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add in your egg, sugar, salt, baking soda, butter and vanilla. Stir to mix well.
- Add in your flour a little a a time and stir. Mix really well to make sure it is all together.
- Add in your nuts and stir. Pour in a loaf pan (I suggest putting parchment paper down first, easier clean up) in bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Take your bread out and allow to cool. Slice, and serve!
4 – ASimplifiedLife’s Banana Nut Bread Recipe
Jess has taken the time to put together one of the best banana nut bread recipes out there. In fact, as she titles it “The Last Banana Nut Bread Recipe You’ll Ever Need”, she knows how good her recipe is. And I can vouch for that.
- 3 ripe bananas the more spotted, the better
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- dash of ginger
- 5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans.
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl or kitchen aid mixer, mash bananas.
- Mix bananas, eggs, honey, vanilla and butter until well combined.
- Mix in sugar, salt and spices.
- Add in baking soda and flour. Fold in pecans.
- For mini muffins, bake 20-25 minutes. For regular muffins, bake about 30-35. For a loaf, bake 55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
5 – Copycat Starbucks Banana Nut Bread
Starbucks has a way of keeping their customers always coming back. So, why not have their recipe used for bringing back guests to your house? Their banana nut bread recipe is really good and simple to make.
- 2 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup mashed ripe Bananas (3-4 small bananas)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup chopped Walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease a loaf pan and dust with flour.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until combined.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, sugar, and vegetable oil until combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the egg mixture and stir until blended.
- Add the milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas and mix well.
- Fold in chopped walnuts and pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Top with remaining pecans.
- Bake for 60-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
As I said, I love anything with Bananas. These bread recipes are easily among my favorites to make at home.
Sometimes when I am bored, I spend my time trying different ways to make a banana nut recipe and see where it will all lead.
Let me know in the comments down below which one of these recipes is your favorite.
Don’t forget to share with your friends!