There are a few people in the world that don’t eat pizza. I don’t trust them. Just kidding! But seriously, a homemade pizza is very hard to reject.
I’m pretty sure even those who can’t order it from outside, they will happily give it a try if they knew the pizza was made at home.
So, why don’t you help us make the world a better place by serving homemade pizza recipes to your guests?
Whether they are fans of pizzas or not, they must try a slice from your homemade pizza at least once!
I have here 5 best recipes that will convert the most pizza hater into a pizza lover in one bite.
I exaggerate but you’ll know when you get these recipes done right!
1 – Tomato and Pesto Pizza
This homemade pizza looks just as good as it tastes. If you love and eat your vegetables, you will easily fall in love with this pizza. Also, as it is simple to make, you won’t feel hesitant to try it every once in a while.
- 1 pre-made pizza crust//flatbread or pizza dough
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup low moisture mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1 roma tomato thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. If you using fresh dough and pizza stone, preheat pizza stone in the oven.
- Arrange crust, flatbread or dough on work space.
- Evenly spread marinara sauce over crust, top with mozzarella cheese, spinach, feat, sun dried tomatoes and roma tomato slices.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned.
- Remove and top with dollops of pesto and sprinkle with pine nuts. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
2 – Homemade Extra Cheese Pizza
The best thing about pizza is the cheese. Although, some may not be fans of that, most are all about the cheese. Therefore, this extra cheese pizza recipe will make most of your guests enjoy their slices really well.
- 1/2 recipe homemade pizza crust
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup (127-190g) pizza sauce, depending how much you like (homemade or store-bought)
- 8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 and 1/2 cups (6oz or 168g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 Tablespoons (10-15g) grated Parmesan cheese
- ground basil, to taste
- Prepare the pizza dough, including preheating the oven to 475F.
- Top the crust with the pizza sauce, then the sliced mozzarella, then the shredded mozzarella, grated Parmesan, then sprinkle with basil.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. For the last minute, I move the oven rack to the top rack to really brown the edges. That’s optional.
- Slice hot pizza and serve immediately. Store leftover pizza covered tightly in the refrigerator and reheat as you prefer. Baked pizza slices may be frozen up to 1 month.
3 – Buffalo Chicken Pizza
This is one of the reasons why a homemade pizza is a 100 times better than a regular one. Where would you find a Buffalo Chicken pizza as part of the menu? Possibly nowhere except at the comfort of your home. Learn how to make it down below.
- 1 batch homemade pizza dough
- 1 batch homemade ranch dressing OR homemade blue cheese dressing
- 1 chicken breast or 2 cups shredded chicken
- ½ cup buffalo sauce, divided
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2-4 oz blue cheese or gorgonzola, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the pizza dough as directed.
- Bake one chicken breast in the pre-heating oven for 25-20 minutes.
- Set the chicken aside to cool and bump up the oven to the highest temperature you can.
- When the dough has doubled in size, shape into your favorite pizza shape.
- Chop the cooked chicken breast into pieces and toss with 2-3 Tbsp of buffalo sauce.
- Smear a thin to medium layer of homemade dressing on your pizza dough.
- Top with fresh mozzarella and the chicken that was tossed in the hot sauce.
- Drizzle a little bit of extra hot sauce on top of the pie before you place it in the oven.
- Bake until that cheese is nice and bubbly, 4-7 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 2-4 minutes before slicing.
4 – The Best New York Style Cheese Pizza
New York has some of the best things in the world, and some consider its pizza to be among the finest. Yet, not everyone lives in NY. That is why this cheese pizza that is inspired by the state’s style is something you should try.
PS: even if you live in New York, you can try this cheese pizza recipe as well!
For the Crust:
- 3 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups water, 110 – 115 degrees (F)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
For the Cheese:
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, shredded then frozen
For the Crust:
- Combine the bread flour, sugar, yeast and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer; stir to combine.
- Fit mixer with dough hook.
- Turn mixer on low speed and add the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil; beat until the dough forms into a ball around the hook. If the dough is super sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
- Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Place the bowl in a warm area and let it double in size, about 90 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Wrap one dough well in saran wrap and place in the freezer for a later use.
- Place the dough you’ll be using on a piece of plastic wrap and let it rest for 10 minutes.
For the Sauce:
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-flame. Add the onion, celery and garlic and saute until soft; about 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce and tomato paste and stir until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to slow simmer. Simmer for 45 minutes. Remove the bay leaf and spread the sauce on your prepared pizza dough.
- For the Cheese:
- Grate cheese, then place it in a large, clean bowl. Place bowl in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (F).
- Roll dough out to a large circle (about 12 inches). Pour a 1/4 cup of sauce in the center and spread it around evenly. Add cheese.
- Place pizza in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is set and the cheese is bubbling. Cut into slices and serve at once!
5 -Baked Homemade Pizza Rolls
The last recipe on our list is quite unfamiliar. Yes, you can now learn how to make homemade pizza rolls. Not only that, but they are just as good as (if not better than) any homemade recipe we mentioned today.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 large green pepper, diced fine
- 1 small onion, diced fine
- 4 ounces mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1 package wonton wrappers (about 48 wraps)
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add in the Italian sausage, garlic, green pepper, and onion. Cook until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms and pepperoni, and cook until the mushrooms have just released their water, about 2 minutes. Stir in the marinara, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in the mozzarella, and set aside. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange three wonton wrappers along the bottom edge of the sheet. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling into the middle of each wrapper. Using a finger dipped in water, run along the edge of each wrapper and then fold wrapper in half and press down to seal.
- Continue until baking sheet is filled with pizza rolls (spaced about 1″ apart). Spray tops with cooking spray and bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until rolls are golden and crispy. Repeat process with remaining wraps and filling.
- If pizza rolls are greasy, blot them with paper towels before serving. Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving (filling will be hot).
As you can see, the recipes above are all great even if you aren’t a fan of pizzas. But they will have a special place in your heart if you do love them.
Let me know in the comments down below which of the homemade pizza recipes you think is the best.
Feel free to suggest your recipes if you have any mind. And don’t forget to share this list with your friends.